The Polaris General Skid Plate is a great way to protect your vehicle from the daily wear and tear of off-road riding. This accessory can be mounted on most vehicles, including Polaris RZR XP Turbo, RZR 4 900, and UTVs.
The polaris general 4 skid plate is a piece of metal that covers the bottom of the vehicle. It is typically used to protect the engine and transmission from damage.
This Video Should Help:
As a Polaris General enthusiast, I knew that I had to have one of these badass skid plates for my truck. After doing some research and talking to the experts at the factory, I decided on the Polaris General XP Skid Plate. This thing is built like a tank! It’s perfect for those times when you’re driving off-road and need extra protection from rocks and debris. Not to mention, it looks awesome too – perfect addition to any Polaris General XP truck!”
Why You Need a Skid Plate for Your Polaris General
If you’re the type of person who likes to take their Polaris General off-road, then you know that one of the most important parts of your vehicle is the skid plate. The skid plate protects the underside of your vehicle from rocks, branches, and other obstacles that could cause serious damage.
There are a lot of different skid plates on the market, but not all of them are created equal. You want to make sure that you choose a skid plate that is made from high-quality materials and that is designed to fit your specific vehicle. The last thing you want is for your skid plate to fall off or break while you’re out on the trail!
At Factory UTV, we offer a variety of different skid plates for the Polaris General XP. We have both full coverage and partial coverage options so that you can choose the level of protection that you need. Our skid plates are made from 1/8″ thick aluminum and they feature CNC-machined mounting holes for an exact fit.
We also offer a variety of other aftermarket parts and accessories for the Polaris General XP, including A-arm guards, roofs, windshields, and more. So if you’re looking to take your General to the next level, be sure to check us out!
How to Choose the Right Skid Plate for Your Polaris General
When it comes to choosing the right skid plate for your Polaris General, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you need to decide what material you want your skid plate to be made out of. There are three main options: aluminum, steel, or plastic. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages that you should take into consideration.
Aluminum is the lightest weight option and will not rust like steel can. However, it is also the most expensive option and is not as durable as the other two options. Steel is much more durable than aluminum but is also heavier and more prone to rusting. Plastic is the least expensive option but is also the least durable and can crack or break more easily than the other two materials.
Once you have decided on a material, you need to choose a size. The size of your skid plate should be based on how much coverage you want it to have. There are three main sizes: full-size, half-size, and quarter-size. Full-size skid plates offer the most coverage but are also the heaviest and most expensive option. Half-size skid plates offer less coverage but are lighter weight and less expensive than full-size skid plates. Quarter-size skid plates offer the least amount of coverage but are also the lightest weight and least expensive option
What to Look for in a Skid Plate for Your Polaris General
When you’re out riding your Polaris General, the last thing you want to worry about is damaging your vehicle. That’s why it’s important to invest in a good skid plate. But with so many options on the market, how do you choose the right one? Here are a few things to look for:
Material: The skid plate should be made of durable material that can withstand impacts. aluminum is a good option.
Thickness: A thicker skid plate will offer more protection than a thin one. Look for a skid plate that is at least 1/8″ thick.
Coverage: Make sure the skid plate covers all vulnerable areas of your vehicle, including the engine, suspension, and drive train.
Mounting: The skid plate should be easy to install and remove without the need for tools. Bolts or straps are typically used to secure the skid plate in place.
The Benefits of a Skid Plate for Your Polaris General
A skid plate is a must-have accessory for your Polaris General if you ever take it off-roading. Here’s why:
1. It protects your vehicle’s undercarriage from damage.
2. It prevents rocks and other debris from getting caught in the suspension components and causing problems.
3. It makes it easier to slide over obstacles without getting hung up on them.
4. In the event of a rollover, a skid plate can help prevent serious damage to the engine and other vital components by absorbing some of the impact.
5. They just look cool, and they’ll make your General stand out from the rest!
How to Install a Skid Plate on Your Polaris General
If you’re looking to add some extra protection to your Polaris General, a skid plate is a great option. Skid plates help protect your vehicle’s underbody from rocks, stumps, and other obstacles that could cause damage. They also provide an extra measure of protection in the event of a rollover.
Installing a skid plate is relatively simple and can be done in about an hour with basic hand tools. Here’s a quick overview of the process:
1. Begin by removing the front and rear plastic panels from your General. This will give you access to the bolts that secure the skid plate to the frame.
2. Next, remove the bolts that secure the skid plate to the frame. Be sure to keep track of all the hardware so you can reinstall everything properly later on.
3. With the old skid plate removed, clean up any dirt or debris from around the mounting points on the frame. This will help ensure a proper seal when you install the new skid plate.
4. Now it’s time to install the new skid plate. Start by lining up the holes in the skid plate with those in the frame. Then, insert and hand-tighten all ofthe bolts that secure it in place.. Once everything is loosely in place, go back and tighten down all ofthe bolts until they’re snug.. Don’t overtighten them, as this could strip outthe threads or damagethe skid plate itself
5.. Withthe new skidplate installed, replace allofth efrontand rear plastic panels.. You’re now readyto hitthe trailswitha little extra peaceofmind knowing your Generalis better protected againstwhatever mother nature throws its way
Tips for Maintaining Your Polaris General Skid Plate
1. Check for wear and tear regularly. Look for cracks, scratches or anything that looks out of place.
2. If you find any damage, replace the skid plate immediately.
3. Make sure the bolts are tight and secure before heading out on a ride.
4. Wash the skid plate with soap and water after each ride to keep it clean and free of debris.
5. Inspect the skid plate regularly to ensure it is in good condition and ready for your next adventure.
Troubleshooting Your Polaris General Skid Plate
If you’re having trouble with your Polaris General skid plate, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the problem. First, check to see if the skid plate is properly installed. If it’s not, then it may be causing the problem. Second, check to see if the skid plate is damaged. If it is, then it will need to be replaced. Finally, check to make sure that the skid plate is clean and free of debris. If it’s not, then it may need to be cleaned or replaced.
FAQs About Polaris General Skid Plates
Q: What are skid plates?
A: Skid plates are designed to protect the underside of your vehicle from damage. They are typically made from tough, durable materials like aluminum or steel.
Q: Why do I need skid plates?
A: If you frequently take your Polaris General off-road, then skid plates can help to safeguard the vulnerable parts of your vehicle from impacts with rocks, logs, and other debris. They can also help to prevent punctures in your tires if you happen to hit a sharp object while driving.
Q: What kind of skid plates does the Polaris General come with?
A: The standard model of the Polaris General comes with aluminum front and rear skid plates. However, there are also aftermarket options available in both steel and aluminum.
Q: How do I install skid plates on my Polaris General?
A: Most skid plates will come with all the necessary hardware for installation. However, depending on the make and model of your vehicle, some drilling may be required. It is always best to consult your ownerufffds manual or an experienced mechanic before attempting to install any aftermarket parts on your own.
The “polaris general upgrades” is a skid plate that is designed to fit Polaris vehicles. It has been made to be compatible with the new Polaris General chassis.